TIBCO SPOTFIRE Interview Questions and Answers :-
1. Explain what is TIBCO Spotfire?
Spotfire’s Enterprise Player, when combined with Core Lab’s RAPID database, allows our clients to perform analytics on the data sets being generated in our Joint Industry Projects. Each active Joint Industry Project has a Spotfire Analytical Template associated with it which allows our clients to investigate the various data sets through tabular and graphical displays. Each display can be filtered by a wide variety of data types stored in our RAPID database such as formation, country, geologic basin, porosity, permeability, geochemistry parameters, etc. Spotfire is extremely easy to use and provides a powerful resource in reservoir evaluation.
2. Is TIBCO Spotfire a Core Lab product?
The Spotfire Enterprise Player is a product of TIBCO, which Core Lab licenses for use in conjunction with our Joint Industry Projects. The Analytical Templates themselves are a product of Core Laboratories. In order to facilitate the transfer of data from our RAPID database to our Spotfire Analytical Templates, Core Lab developed RAPIDLink which automatically delivers all data to which a client is entitled.
3. Explain what is S Programming Language?
The award-winning S programming language is at the core of both TIBCO Spotfire S+ and R. The only language created specifically for exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling, the S programming language allows you to create statistical applications up to five times faster than with other languages.
- Object-oriented, interpreted 4GL language.
- Interactive exploration and fast prototyping.
- Rich data structures: vector, matrix, array, data frame, list and many more.
- User-defined functions, objects, classes, methods and libraries.
- Library of over 4000 functions for data manipulation, graphics, statistical modeling, and integration.
- CSAN library of available packages.
4. Explain what is Spotfire Analytics?
Spotfire Analytics is an enterprise Analytics platform that helps business and technical users quickly to get an actionable insight.This allows customers to perform in-depth analysis of their data through the use of predictive and complex statistics.
5. Explain what is the use of Spotfire Analytics?
TIBCO Spotfire Analytics provides an incredibly fast and flexible environment for analysing critical data to help you and your organization make better and smarter decisions. With powerful in-memory analysis, predictive modelling and a highly visual and intuitive interface, Spotfire gives business and technical professionals the ability to rapidly explore their data, helping them find key insights to give them a unique competitive edge.
Spotfire Analytics is a single platform that spans the spectrum from rapid ad-hoc analysis to building custom analytic applications, from analysing spreadsheet and database data to real-time and event-driven data, and from desktop-based data exploration to widely distributed web-based interactive dashboards. Incorporating powerful statistics, Spotfire is the most powerful analytic platform in the world, giving individuals and organizations an immediate information advantage over their competitors.
6. Explain what are the features of Spotfire?
- Analyse and explore data with intuitive, interactive visualizations
- Bar charts, scatter plots, treemaps, box plots, map charts etc.
- In-Memory data architecture provides incredible speed and flexibility
- Direct access to corporate and local data sources, including spreadsheets
- SAP BW, SAP R/3, Oracle E-Business Suite, Salesforce.com, any ODBC database etc.
- Excel, csv, any flat data file
- Create and distribute analytic applications for the Web
- Zero Footprint Client; no coding required
- Easily creates sophisticated statistical analysis
- Tight integration between S+ statistical package and Spotfire
- Analyse event-driven and real-time data
- Tight integration with TIBCO infrastructure products
7. Describe the main features of TIBCO Spotfire 6.5?
Faster, Easier Use of Data
Create Spotfire applications that interact directly with complex big data sources while hiding the complexity from end users
Access huge volumes of information quickly and easily
Create complex applications faster and leverage existing database skill sets
Richer Location Analytics :
Visualize sophisticated location source data directly in Spotfire
Get access to existing Esri and WMS data sources for richer data visualization
Bring GIS and data analysis strategies together seamlesslyNewSpotfire Desktop
The most complete desktop analytics authoring for Excel users, business analysts, R- knowledgeable analysts, and data scientists
Full Spotfire desktop authoring for a single user
Connect to the wide array of Spotfire direct connect data sources
8. Explain what is Spotfire Cloud?
Spotfire Cloud is the leading data visualization and cloud-based business analytics software available today. Spotfire enables users to create beautiful, interactive visualizations from their laptop or tablet. While traditional business intelligence tools force the user to know Explain what question to ask first, Spotfire allows users to explore trends, outliers and previously undiscovered insights in their data.
9. Explain what are Spotfire Shared Folders?
Spotfire Cloud allows you to share Explain what you discover instantly. In order to share Spotfire analysis files, you must save the file to a folder in your library. Personal users create folders in their online library; Work Group users can create folders in both their online or desktop libraries. Folders can be public, shared (by you or with you) or private depending on your subscription type.
10. Explain what is TIBCO Certified Messaging?
TIBCO certified messaging is an approach to guarantee delivery of every message from sender to its intended recipient. TIBCO certified messaging works on the principle of registration and acknowledgement.
11. What is the role of TRA (Tibco Runtime Agent)?
There are two main functions of TRA:
1. TIBCO Runtime Agent (TRA) is responsible for starting and stopping of processes running on a machine.
2. TRA provides runtime environment for TIBCO applications.
TRA runs on every TIBCO machine in the background.
12. What type of resources in TIBCO EAR file?
Following type of resources are typically added in EAR file in TIBCO:
Local Project Resources (Processes, Schemas, Connections, Services, Variables etc)
Library Builder Resources Files.
Files referred in designer CLASSPATH
Files under Designer Installation directory
13. What is vcrepo.dat and when this file is created in TIBCO?
Vcrepo.dat file is used to store certain properties like TIBCO RV encoding, display name; description etc. vcrepo.dat file gets created automatically when a TIBCO BW project is saved for the first time. This file can be used for identification purposes.
14. While debugging TIBCO BW processes, which activity can be used to write complete schema information to a file?
TIBCO provides Inspector activity which can be used for debugging purposes while developing applications in TIBCO designer. Inspector activity can be used to write all output information of designer activities to a local file including process variables and other details.
15. How Restful web services can be developed in TIBCO?
TIBCO provides a Plugin for REST and JSON which can be used to develop Restful web services in TIBCO designer.
16. Can we have backward transitions in TIBCO BW Processes?
In TIBCO Designer Processes, transitions between activities are always uni-directional. This means that we can’t go back to a previous transition from any point.
17. What are different Panels of TIBCO designer window and what is the purpose of each?
There are following four types of panels available in TIBCO designer window:
Project Panel: This panel shows project hierarchy.
Design Panel: This panel is used to design new BW Processes in TIBCO.
Palette Panel: This Panel has all the available Palettes with bundled activities which can be dragged and used in design panel during process development.
Configuration Panel: Configurations including input, output details for any activity are specified in the configuration panel.
18. What are the three levels of validations that can be performed in TIBCO designer?
Following are the three levels of validations supported by TIBCO BW:
1. Activity level validation
2. Process level validation
3. Project level validation
19. What is difference between fault tolerant and Load balanced deployment in TIBCO?
Load balancing is done between two or more servers where the load is distributed between servers to avoid any server crashes due to heavy load on a single server.
Fault tolerance is achieved between two servers where one server acts as a primary and the second server acts as a secondary/backup server for the primary server. Whenever failure occurs for primary server, the backup secondary server becomes the primary server.
20. What are the options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository ?
The options for configuring storage for process engine’s checkpoint repository are:
Local File: Information is stored in a local file which in case of engine crash/failure and same information is used to resume the process flow once engine is up. This mechanism works only in case of single server or load balancing approach.
Database: Information is stored in a database table which is used to resume engine later. Fault tolerant engines can recover from a checkpoint only when database is used.