List of top artificial intelligence interview questions and answers for freshers beginners and experienced pdf free download.these are most frequently asked interview questions.
1) What is Artificial Intelligence?
2) What is an artificial intelligence Neural Networks?
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE Interview Questions and Answers
3) What are the various areas where AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be used?
4) Which is not commonly used programming language for AI?
5) What is Prolog in AI?
6) Give an explanation on the difference between strong AI and weak AI?
7) Mention the difference between statistical AI and Classical AI ?
8) What is alternate, artificial, compound and natural key?
9) What does a production rule consist of?
10) Which search method takes less memory?
11) Which is the best way to go for Game playing problem?
12) A* algorithm is based on which search method?
13) What does a hybrid Bayesian network contain?
14) What is agent in artificial intelligence?
15) What does Partial order or planning involve?
16) What are the two different kinds of steps that we can take in constructing a plan?
17) Which property is considered as not a desirable property of a logical rule-based system?
18) What is Neural Network in Artificial Intelligence?
19) When an algorithm is considered completed?
20) What is a heuristic function?
21) What is the function of the third component of the planning system?
22) What is “Generality” in AI ?
23) What is a top-down parser?
24) Mention the difference between breadth first search and best first search in artificial intelligence?
25) What are frames and scripts in “Artificial Intelligence”?
26. What is FOPL stands for and explain its role in Artificial Intelligence?
FOPL stands for First Order Predicate Logic, Predicate Logic provides
a) A language to express assertions about certain “World”
b) An inference system to deductive apparatus whereby we may draw conclusions from such assertion
c) A semantic based on set theory
27) What does the language of FOPL consists of
a) A set of constant symbols
b) A set of variables
c) A set of predicate symbols
d) A set of function symbols
e) The logical connective
f) The Universal Quantifier and Existential Qualifier
g) A special binary relation of equality
28. For online search in ‘Artificial Intelligence’ which search agent operates by interleaving computation and action?
In online search, it will first take action and then observes the environment.
29. Which search algorithm will use a limited amount of memory in online search?
RBFE and SMA* will solve any kind of problem that A* can’t by using a limited amount of memory.
30. In ‘Artificial Intelligence’ where you can use the Bayes rule?
In Artificial Intelligence to answer the probabilistic queries conditioned on one piece of evidence, Bayes rule can be used.
31. For building a Bayes model how many terms are required?
For building a Bayes model in AI, three terms are required; they are one conditional probability and two unconditional probability.
32. While creating Bayesian Network what is the consequence between a node and its predecessors?
While creating Bayesian Network, the consequence between a node and its predecessors is that a node can be conditionally independent of its predecessors.
33. To answer any query how the Bayesian network can be used?
If a Bayesian Network is a representative of the joint distribution, then by summing all the relevant joint entries, it can solve any query.
34. What combines inductive methods with the power of first order representations?
Inductive logic programming combines inductive methods with the power of first order representations.
35. In Inductive Logic Programming what needed to be satisfied?
The objective of an Inductive Logic Programming is to come up with a set of sentences for the hypothesis such that the entailment constraint is satisfied.
36. In top-down inductive learning methods how many literals are available? What are they?
There are three literals available in top-down inductive learning methods they are
b) Equality and Inequality
c) Arithmetic Literals
37. Which algorithm inverts a complete resolution strategy?
‘Inverse Resolution’ inverts a complete resolution, as it is a complete algorithm for learning first order theories.
38. In speech recognition what kind of signal is used?
In speech recognition, Acoustic signal is used to identify a sequence of words.
39. In speech recognition which model gives the probability of each word following each word?
Biagram model gives the probability of each word following each other word in speech recognition.
40. Which algorithm is used for solving temporal probabilistic reasoning?
To solve temporal probabilistic reasoning, HMM (Hidden Markov Model) is used, independent of transition and sensor model.
41. What is Hidden Markov Model (HMMs) is used?
Hidden Markov Models are a ubiquitous tool for modelling time series data or to model sequence behaviour. They are used in almost all current speech recognition systems.
42. In Hidden Markov Model, how does the state of the process is described?
The state of the process in HMM’s model is described by a ‘Single Discrete Random Variable’.
43. In HMM’s, what are the possible values of the variable?
‘Possible States of the World’ is the possible values of the variable in HMM’s.
44. In HMM, where does the additional variable is added?
While staying within the HMM network, the additional state variables can be added to a temporal model.
45. In Artificial Intelligence, what do semantic analyses used for?
In Artificial Intelligence, to extract the meaning from the group of sentences semantic analysis is used.
46. What is meant by compositional semantics?
The process of determining the meaning of P*Q from P,Q and* is known as Compositional Semantics.
47. How logical inference can be solved in Propositional Logic?
In Propositional Logic, Logical Inference algorithm can be solved by using
a) Logical Equivalence
c) Satisfying ability
48. Which process makes different logical expression looks identical?
‘Unification’ process makes different logical expressions identical. Lifted inferences require finding substitute which can make a different expression looks identical. This process is called unification.
49. Which algorithm in ‘Unification and Lifting’ takes two sentences and returns a unifier?
In ‘Unification and Lifting’ the algorithm that takes two sentences and returns a unifier is ‘Unify’ algorithm.
50. Which is the most straight forward approach for planning algorithm?
State space search is the most straight forward approach for planning algorithm because it takes account of everything for finding a solution.
51. Which search method takes less memory?
(a) Depth-First Search (b) Breadth-First search
(c) Both (a) and (b) (d) Linear Search.
(e) Optimal search.
Answer : (a)
Reason : Depth-First Search takes less memory since only the nodes on the current path are stored, but in Breadth First Search, all of the tree that has generated must be stored.
52. A heuristic is a way of trying
(a) To discover something or an idea embedded in a program
(b) To search and measure how far a node in a search tree seems to be from a goal
(c) To compare two nodes in a search tree to see if one is better than the other
(d) Only (a) and (b)
(e) Only (a), (b) and (c).
Answer : (e)
Reason : In a heuristic approach we discover certain idea and use heuristic functions to search for a goal and predicates to compare nodes.
53. A* algorithm is based on
(a) Breadth-First-Search (b) Depth-First –Search
(c) Best-First-Search (d) Hill climbing.
(e) Bulkworld Problem.
Answer : (c)
Reason : Because Best-first-search is giving the idea of optimization and quick choose of path, and all these characteristic lies in A* algorithm.
54. Which is the best way to go for Game playing problem?
(a) Linear approach (b) Heuristic approach
(c) Random approach (d) Optimal approach
(e) Stratified approach.
Answer : (b)
Reason : We use Heuristic approach as it will find out brute force computation ,looking at hundreds of thousands of positions. e.g Chess competition between Human and AI based Computer.
55. How do you represent “All dogs have tails”.
(a) ۷x: dog(x)àhastail(x) (b) ۷x: dog(x)àhastail(y)
(c) ۷x: dog(y)àhastail(x) (d) ۷x: dog(x)àhasàtail(x)
(e) ۷x: dog(x)àhasàtail(y)
Answer : (a)
Reason : We represent the statement in mathematical logic taking ‘x ‘as Dog and which has tail. We can not represent two variable x, y for the same object Dog which has tail. The symbol “۷ “represent all.